28 Jul 09:00 - 17:00 - Nairobi
C. OBJECTIVES OF THE SUMMIT
The overall objective of the Summit is to raise community awareness, mobilise individuals and institutions and spur on community action on youth crime and violence prevention and reduction.
C.1. Recognise that crime and violence is a serious issue that has damaging effects for the society
C.2. Recognise that crime and violence is NOT an acceptable part of how individuals should treat each other (The need for tolerance)
C.3. Recognise/identify the role of spatial integration viz. neighbourhoods and public/open spaces in promoting social harmony and civic vitality.
C.4. Help raise awareness that violent behaviours have different forms
C.5. Recognise the tremendous leadership potential of young people
C.6. Celebrate/ Recognise individuals who are making a difference in addressing youth crime and violence
C.7. Prepare for further work and projects that need to be undertaken in the future to address the causes of youth crime and violence
1. The summit aims to unite all the role players together and develop strategies to combat youngsters being drawn into the world of crime.
2. To reduce youths involvement in crime.
3. To spearhead youths engagement in projects/jobs to help reduce crime
TRANSVERSAL MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION DURING THE SUMMIT:
• Promoting respect and tolerance
• Anger Management
• Conflict Resolution
• Unity in diversity
• Supporting Safer Neighborhoods Initiatives
• The role of youths in nation building
• Kenyan education system Vs employment
• Devolution(the intention of devolution)
• The role of youths in Kenyan politics
• Gender based violence
The youth crime summit will take place at the Charter hall Nairobi City County on 9th March 2018 from 9:00A.M to 4:30P.M. Themed reducing youths involvement in crime, the summit will have speakers from government sectors, private sectors, NGO’s, CBO’s the police, National Youth Service, International bodies, universities, jua kali sector, media and the churches. The summit will have sessions that will be focusing on various topical issues then followed by plenary sessions.
To volunteer at the Kenyan youth crime summit contact 0720-959-749
To exhibit at the summit or sponsor the summit, call 0720-959-749